1. The purpose of this document
We have provided this document as it is important that you understand why and how we (Talent Network) plan to use and hold the data you provide to us as a candidate. We also explain how long we will retain your information, and what happens at the end of the period, along with how you can request that it be changed or deleted. The document details all the specifics that we must provide to you as a “Data Controller”, under the European Union’s GDPR regulations.
2. Data protection principles
We will comply with the data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
• Kept securely.
Regardless of your nationality, we apply the EU’s GDPR standards to how we process and use your personal data.
3. The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
• The information you have provided to us in your CV and covering letter, including but not limited to name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
• Biometric data such as photographs, including those on passports and driving licences
• Any information you provide to us during the interview process.
• Details of your education, qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, including start and end dates, with previous employers as well as any references taken up during the recruitment process;
• Assessment results if applicable;
• Your preferences for location, type and hours of work with us;
• Information about your current level of pay, including entitlement to any benefits connected to your employment;
• your nationality and entitlement to work in the European Union;
We may also collect, store and use the following types of more sensitive personal information, if you provide them to us, whether within your CV or otherwise:
• Information about your sex and ethnicity.
• Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
• Information about criminal convictions and offences.
We do not actively collect and do not use highly sensitive personal information, such as your race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political affiliations, but we may store it if you have included this in your CV.
4. How your personal information is collected
We may collect this information in a variety of ways, for example, data might be collected through application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected from you through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as former employers, a relevant professional body, professional social networks (such as LinkedIn), government agencies or external organisations who carry out right to work checks (in each case where applicable and/or required for specific roles) and, where applicable, external bodies which arrange assessments of applicants.
Data will be stored in dedicated IT systems which have been audited for data security, including on your application record and in our HR management systems, and (where necessary) in our printed records.
5. How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
• Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role.
• Carry out background, medical and reference checks, where applicable.
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
• Keep records related to our hiring processes.
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
• Inform you about other vacancies in Talent Network that may be of interest to you.
• Occasionally, but no more than once a quarter, send you materials about careers, jobs, application and selection processes, personal development as well as invitations to events, courses, surveys or tutorials, which are free of charge and constitute, in our best beliefs, part of your legitimate interest in seeking and improving your employment opportunities.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment, or contract for services, with you.
6. If you fail to provide personal information
You are under no legal or contractual obligation to provide data to Talent Network or a potential employer during the recruitment process, however if you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we may not be able to process your application successfully or at all.
7. How we use particularly sensitive personal information
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following way:
• We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, as well as whether certain tasks inherent to a job are suitable for your type of disability.
• We will use information about your sex and ethnicity only where a) our client wishes to or is legally required to obtain such information for the purposes of recruitment, or b) where, in our reasonable opinion, such information is material given the cultural or political sensitivity of the country/region that the work/project in question is relating to.
• We will only collect criminal conviction information from you if it is required by our clients given the nature of the role and where we are legally able to do so. Where appropriate, we will collect it as part of the recruitment process. We will, if appropriate, use information you have provided to us about your criminal convictions and offences to review and consider your application in light of any such information disclosed to us.
We use your personal data in this way in order to carry out our obligations in respect of safeguarding and to promote the legitimate interests of our business.
8. Data sharing
Your information will be shared internally for the specific position you have applied for, or so that we can consider you for suitable opportunities that we are working on for our clients. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, relevant managers in the business and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles. We will also share your information with any client of Talent Network who has engaged us to identify candidates for a position that, in our view, is suitable given your qualifications. We will never sell or share your personal information with any organisation unless we have, or are in the process of entering into, a contractual relationship with them in connection with the provision of recruitment services.
For the avoidance of doubt, we will share your data with third parties which provide IT hosting services to us under contract in connection with the operation of the application system. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to sell or use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
9. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. Transfer of data outside of the EEA
Talent Network operates a data sharing agreement with its clients that provides appropriate security measures for transfers of candidate personal data, held in the EEA, to group entities outside of the EEA area, including the United Kingdom.
11. Data retention
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was provided. We also retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, unless you specifically direct us otherwise, we will securely destroy your personal information.
12. Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
By law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us in writing and we will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
13. Right to withdraw consent
When you applied for this role, you provided consent to us processing your personal information for the purposes of connecting you with our clients. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and dispose of your personal data securely.
14. Data protection officer
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych (UODO), Poland’s supervisory authority for data protection issues.
All content and functionality on the Site, including text, graphics, logos, icons, images, and videos and the selection and arrangement thereof, in addition to any concepts, know-how, tools, frameworks, software, applications or other technology, algorithms, models, processes, and industry perspectives underlying or embedded in the foregoing, along with any enhancements to or derivative works thereof (the “Site Content”) is the exclusive property of Talent Network or its licensors and, to the extent applicable, is protected by Poland and international copyright laws. Neither the Site Content nor functionality of the Site, may be copied, reproduced, modified, reverse engineered, altered (including the removal or disabling of any security or technological safeguards, disclaimers, or legends) uploaded, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without our written permission, except for those uses specified in Section 3 – Use of site content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
The trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of Talent Network and its licensors. You agree that, except as expressly permitted by us (e.g., through social media sharing tools provided on the Site) or by our licensors, where applicable, you will not refer to or attribute any information to Talent Network or its licensors in any public medium (e.g., press release, websites, or public social media) for advertising or promotion purposes, or for the purpose of informing or influencing any third party and that you will not use or reproduce any Trademark of, or imply any endorsement by or relationship with, Talent Network or its licensors.
3. Use of site content
Network hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license for the term hereof to access and download, display, and print one copy of the Site Content on any single computer solely for your internal, business use, provided that you do not modify the Site Content in any way (including creating derivative works thereof), that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the Site Content, and that you otherwise comply with these Terms.
4. User postings
You acknowledge and agree that Talent Network shall own and have the unrestricted right to use, publish, and otherwise exploit any and all information that you post or otherwise publish on the Site in postings, forums or message boards, questionnaire, survey responses, and otherwise, and you acknowledge and agree that, by providing us any such submission, you automatically grant, and hereby do grant, to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, sublicensable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license and right to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, modify and otherwise exploit such submission for any purpose, and in any form or media, not prohibited by applicable law. In addition, you hereby waive any claims against Talent Network for any alleged or actual infringements of any rights of privacy or publicity, intellectual property rights, moral rights, or rights of attribution in connection with Talent Network’s use and publication of such submissions.
You covenant that you shall not post or otherwise publish on the Site any materials that (a) are threatening, libelous, defamatory, or obscene; (b) would constitute, or that encourage conduct that would constitute, a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate law; (c) infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of any third parties; (d) contain a computer virus or other destructive element; (e) contain advertising; (f) constitute or contain false or misleading statements; or (g) violates these Terms.
Talent Network does not represent or endorse the accuracy of reliability of information posted to the Site by users. In addition, Talent Network does not and cannot review all information posted to the Site by users and is not responsible for such information. However, we reserve the right to refuse to post and the right to remove any information, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason.
5. Notices of infringement and takedown by Talent Network
Talent Network prohibits the posting of any information that infringes or violates the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that your intellectual property right (or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any content on the Site, please write to Talent Network at the address shown below, giving a written statement that contains: (a) identification of the copyrighted work and/or intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed; (b) identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that is requested to be removed; (c) your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available; (d) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work and/or exercise of the intellectual property right is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed; and (f) the signature of the intellectual property right owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of the right.
You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Talent Network and all of its predecessors, successors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, investors, employees, agents, representatives, and attorneys and their respective heirs, successors, and assigns (“Talent Network Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all liability, expenses, costs, or other losses (“Losses”) incurred by Talent Network and/or Talent Network Indemnified Parties in connection to any claims arising out of your use of the Site and/or any breach by you of these Terms, including the representations, warranties and covenants you made, if any, by agreeing to these Term. Talent Network reserves the right to assume, at its own expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
7. Third-party websites & Providers
9. Governing law; jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of Poland without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof.